Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Colored Pancakes! Oh my!

In honor of Fat Tuesday (aka Pancake Tuesday), we made Mardi Gras pancakes for lunch!! The kids were titally amused that their pancakes were colorful and were extremely excited that there were leftovers for breakfast the next day. (They didn't quite come out the colors I'd have liked, but the kids didn't know the difference.) Princess kept commenting on how "we've never had pancakes like these before!"



  


I also learned that the reason people make pancakes on Fat Tuesday is because in the "olden days", you were not supposed to have ANY animal by-products during lent, and so they would have to use up all of their eggs and milk by making pancakes.

(Sorry for the cruddy pictures. My camera's battery had died, so I had to use my phone. The next couple of posts are this way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment