Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Time Flies!

Holy cow! I can't believe it's been two weeks since I've written on here. So much for daily blogging! LOL. We've just been so busy throughout the past couple of weeks, we haven't really gotten much schoolwork done. We started our Alphabet Path letter "B", celebrated a couple of Feast Days, and read several Saint books and Bible stories. So, we did a little bit of school in our own way. That's the wonderful thing about home schooling. It's ok if stuff doesn't get done right on time (although, once Princess is four, we will REALLY focus on school and learning to read).

Marshmallow still isn't sleeping through the night, so I'm taking advantage of nap time and napping myself. Unfortunately, that's taken a toll on my house! Ahhh! So, I'm having a playdate (with two sets of twin girls and a pair of "Irish" twins) on Friday which has now motivated me to get the house CLEAN!

I'm also trying to read Holiness for Housewives, our book club book for the month, and finish the Dave Ramsey book, Financial Peace Revisited. Mostly because I can't wait to start next month's book club book, Unplanned by Abby Johnson. (My sister-in-law started our Catholic Book Club. I haven't been able to actually attend a meeting because I live 30 minutes from her and it starts at 8pm, but I still try to read every book so that I can continue to learn more about our faith! I hope to be able to attend the meetings soon.)

Anyways, I don't know if we'll get much school done this week either, but I'm sure hoping to. Princess wrote her full name for the first time yesterday on the white board! I'm so proud of her! She has also learned her address and phone number.

Junior is talking more everyday! I can't believe how quickly his vocabulary grew!

Marshmallow has had a HUGE two weeks! He cut a tooth, started to army crawl, sits up unsupported, reaches out for me, drinks from a sippy, and eats lots of solids!!

I still haven't had any other moms show up for my Little Saints Catholic mommy group. I know these things take time, and that it will happen, it's just a little hard not to get discouraged. But, I'll keep pushing through!

Anyways, back to work! Lots of cleaning to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment